The robots.txt file: a source of SEO juice just waiting to be unlocked.
How to optimize Better Robotx.txt and your Robots.tx file ? See the video
Better Robots.txt was made by Pagup – Agence SEO, a SEO agency based in Canada (Qc) specialized in the practice of “onPage” search engine optimization aiming to increase the amount of visitors to Websites by obtaining high-ranking placements in the search results page of search engines (SERP).
After thousands of SEO analysis, a recurrent pattern was identified on most websites : the lack of optimization of the robots.txt file (also called the robots exclusion protocol or standard).
This text file is part of every website on the Internet, designed to work with search engines. By optimizing your robots.txt the right way, you can tell search engine bots to spend their crawl budgets wisely. And that’s what makes the robots.txt file so useful in an SEO context.
Better Robots.txt features:
- It enables (or not) 16 most popular search engine bots to crawl your website
- Detects your Sitemap index (sitemap-index.xml) from Yoast SEO plugin and adds it automatically to your Robots.txt file
- It allows the addition of your own Sitemap
- It allows the edition of your robots.txt in order to add custom rules
- It allows the setup of a global crawl-delay for search engine bots
- It blocks bad bots from crawling your website
- It blocks most SEO crawlers in order to make backlinks undetectable.
Better Robots.txt plugin will also add standard rules in your robots.txt file to maximize search engines’ crawl budgets by telling them not to crawl the parts of your site that aren’t displayed (by default) to the public.
Want to become familiar with some syntax used in a robots.txt file. Basic robots.txt guidelines by Google.